I finished up the back of Blache (mom’s sweater) yesterday. I spent the whole weekend working on it, while DH was working. I think it turned out pretty cool. I like the cable pattern down the center. Now I must start the front, which is identical to the front. I hope I can finish it for her birthday on June 19. I also finished the right half of the front panel of Chamomile. I must join the yarn and work on the left side and that will be done in no time. After that, only the back panel left and that should go quick since it’s straight stockinette. I have a question…both Chamomile and Blanche require some edge work after it is seamed at the sides and shoulders. I know I’ll have to block in order to seam because of curling. So what kind of blocking should I use? Since I’ll be knitting with unblocked yarn onto a blocked sweater.
Oh and in other news, I have begun working on my Gingham and Ruffles afghan (crochet). It is done in 3 colors (light green, dark green and cream) and requires 315 squares to be crocheted then put together. Finally a ruffle is added all around the edge. It will be gorgeous and I’m excited about it. I’ve got 11 squares complete…only 304 to go! LOL! I’ve also started blocking the pieces for the first crochet afghan that I began way back when. I don’t have enough pins so I can only block 3 squares at a time. With 35 squares total, it’s taking a little while to get them all done, but I think once they are all blocked it will be much easier than I was expecting to sew them together.